There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Hamiltonian Fellowship program
Hamiltonian's mission is to build a dynamic community of innovative artists and effective visual art leaders by providing professional development opportunities to aspiring new artists and to advancing their entrepreneurial success. We believe that access to information and experience on how to navigate the contemporary art industry creates confident artists who make well-informed decisions regarding their careers. In turn, these artists will positively impact our society and the economy through the longevity of their careers. Our three core values are: Professional Development, Artistic Excellence and Community
Hamiltonian Fellowship functions as an “incubator” program for visual artists who are looking to transition into a professional art career. Our goal is to provide artists with valuable commercial gallery experience, a wide network of professional contacts and basic entrepreneurial and business skills to become creative innovators beyond their tenure at Hamiltonian.
The Hamiltonian Fellowship and Benefits
Some specific fellowship benefits include:
- An annual focus exhibition at the gallery;
- Two annual group exhibitions at the gallery and/or at an offsite art space;
- Mentorship opportunities by established artists and art professionals;
- Studio visits and monthly discussions/critique with coaches and gallery staff ;
- Professional Development Speaker Series and lectures from influencers in the art community;
- Business, grant writing, and career development;
- Representation by the Hamiltonian Gallery for the duration of their fellowship;
- An annual stipend of $2,000.
- Opportunity to participate in art fair programming
- Post-fellowship career assistance